Lavender Fields & Coconut Dreams
Image by A Bubbly Life
The Beauty Shop
By: Asia Lindsay
What: Lavender and Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub (4oz)
Why: Finding an exfoliator that works on your skin is vital to add to your skin care routine this summer. For us coconut oil has always been a number one choice to use in our regular skin care routine. You can use coconut to moisturizer and rejuvenate your hair and body. According to Dr. Axe " using coconut oil on your skin an all-natural method to eliminate many of the toxic ingredients that are found on drugstore shelves, but it’s also a cost-effective way to care for your body. Coconut oil also is able to penetrate your skin on a deeper level than your average product because of its low molecular weight and the way it bonds with proteins."
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup granulated brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon organic lavender essential oil
- 2, 400 IU soft gels of 100% Vitamin E
- Glass Container for storage
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. (do not heat the coconut oil because it will dissolve the sugar.)
- Spoon mixture into glass container and label
- On your face – Massage in circular motions for 30 seconds. Rinse and pat dry. The oil will absorb immediately.
- On your hands – Massage into your hands and fingernails for 30 seconds. Rinse and pat dry.
- On your legs and feet – Massage into your legs and feet. Rinse and pat dry.
Image by The Frugal Chicken
Thanks For Reading! Let us know how your scrubs turn out :)