Zoe Kravitz: #WCW

WOMAN*CRUSH*WEDNESDAY 
#WCW
Zoe Kravitz
Born
Zoë Isabella Kravitz
December 1, 1988 (age 25)

Los Angeles, California, U.S.
OccupationActress, singer, model
Years active2007–present
Parents
"The Kravitz'"
Best Lesson from Dad 
"March to your own beat. Yes, it's a cliché, but this industry can be judgmental, and it's easy to feel like you want to change according to what's cool at that moment. My dad [Lenny Kravitz] has stayed true to himself, and that's led me to do the same."
Momma Bonet
"I would fly to Los Angeles just for a cheeseburger with pickles and extra tomatoes from In-N-Out. As a kid, I wasn't allowed to eat fast food—my mom [Lisa Bonet] was too health conscious—so when my friends got their driver's licenses, I started sneaking it."

ZOE KRAVITZ

Our Obsession
"23-year-old Zoë Kravitz  went from making music to movies –– you can find her alongside Will and Jaden Smith in the film After Earth –– and now she's desiging jewelry for SwarovskiAccording to Kravitz, she's just "someone who's exploring, trying to figure themselves out." (Essence.com)
 -Acting Chops-

Twelve, 2010                                                    It's Kind of a Funny Story, 2o10

Californication, 2011                                                  After Earth, 2013


XMEN: First Class, 2011 

"When I think of girls in superhero films, I think of girls that I don't look like. But that's changing a bit, which is awesome. And they're really fun to make, honestly."

Divergent, 2014                                                                      Mad Max Fury Road, 2015


-Lolawolf-
"Born from a recipe of unlikely circumstances, this is no ordinary girl-meets-boy band. Welcome to NY based group Lolawolf, fronted by vocalist Zoe Kravitz and backed by Reputante members Jimmy Giannopoulos and James Levy. If you think this is just another contrived juxtaposition for just another band think again. Ultimately, Lolawolf is the fated outcome of vulnerability, chance/happenstance and comradely support." (Green Room Magazine)
The band was named after Zoe younger sister Lola and younger brother Wolf "Lolawolf produces a genuine depiction of emotions set against heavily influenced 80′s electro-pop and analog beats. Though, the creation of the EP seemed to be effortless, the sounds therein communicate an arduous, gut-wrenching component revealed by forthright lyrics such as, “I’d put you in chains if I could change who you are,” and “I wanna know what love is/ I really hope that it’s not you.” The listener immediately gets a sense that these are not your typical happy-go-lucky love songs." (Green Room Magazine)
“I mean if it were up to me, I would still have people not know who makes the music,” says 24-year-old Zoë. “In this day and age people are so quick to judge and they love to hate and it’s fine, but I don’t have the intention of being a popstar. I don’t really care if people like it or not, but if they do, that’s awesome.
"I'm still not really planning on pursuing a music career. I like to make music because it's fun to do and it makes me feel good, but I have no desire to be a huge pop singer or anything like that. I just like to make it."
“I make music for myself and if anyone else likes it, it’s a bonus” 
-VISUALS-
Jimmy Franco
DRIVE (Los Angles)
 -Personal Style-
Project: ASOS Mag Cover
Year: Feb. 2014
Stylist: Zeba Lowe
Brand: ASOS
Shootah (Photographer): Ben Sullivan
"I feel like [my style] always changing, so I think it's hard to nail down. My style is really inspired by whatever I'm listening to or reading or watching, I'm always trying to embody the things that are inspiring me, just for fun."  (essence.com)
"But I think it's always very important to be comfortable and just kind of expressive, if you take fashion too seriously then you lose the fun of it I think you should always take the risk." (essence.com)
"In high school, I was very eccentric…trying things out and wearing a lot of weird shit. Now I’m into t-shirts and jeans, dresses and floral prints."
 "[I'm influenced by] Janice Joplin, Sarah Jessica Parker –– I was in love with Sex and The City. I just liked that it was bananas, it was like all wrong and it was perfect. I just think I really appreciated that.

"
"I'm into a '70s feel right now. I've been wearing a lot of blues, bell-bottoms, sweatshirts, and stuff, kind of like Jodie Foster in Freaky Friday. I go to a lot of vintage stores, a lot of flea markets. I love finding one-of-a-kind treasures."
"I’m really into the 90s thing. Now I get to dress like all the girls who were cool at the time – I’m living out the fantasy I had when I was 13.
-Get it From my Poppa-
" He [my dad] wears my clothes! We do sometimes, like T-shirts and things like that I'll totally steal his T-shirts and he'll steal my T-shirts because I wear big T-shirts some times. I like a bunch of my dad's old boas and things and  I have them all over my house that are really beautiful. And my mom's always giving me clothes, like she has all of these beautiful old pieces that'll be falling apart and she's like 'One glorious wear you can have out of this."
IG LOVING
A Few of TGs FAV Posts
"White t-shirts are my thing vintage or ex boyfriends'– love 'em and take their shirts."
Hope you enjoyed girlss & boyss!!!
xOxO,
ThoseGirlss

Popular Posts